2 pounds of clam
4 cups water
2 tablespoons salt
2 tablespoons sugar
1 tablespoon pepper
1 tablespoon Vietnamese fish sauce (optional)
Pineapple, lotus roots, dry tamarind, chili, tomatoes, okra, Asian bean sprout, and
stem of Alocasia Odora
culantro & basil
- Soak clam, put 1/2 tsp. hot chili to get rid of smell and dirt.
- Wash and cut all vegetables and herbs in smaller sizes that you want
- Bring the water to a boil
- Take half cup of hot water from the pot, pour in a bowl and squeezed tamarind to get a sour brown liquid, and then pour the tamarind liquid back to the pot.
- Put Clams, pineapple and lotus root to make the broth sweetener and aromatic. Cook for 10 minutes
- Add Okra and stem of Alocasia Odora, let it cook for another 2-3 minutes before putting bean sprout in
- Add pepper, salt, sugar and fish sauce (optional) to your preference taste. Letstand, covered, for 10 minutes before serving. This soup is eaten with culantro and basil